Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC Summer Internship 2022 (8 weeks) - Performance Improvement, Dubai in New York, New York
We have an exciting summer internship opportunity for someone looking to kickstart their career in management consulting.
Alvarez & Marsal (A& M) is the leading independent global professional services firm. We deliver world-leading performance improvement and advisory consulting - for restructuring, transformation, and healthy company situations. This allows organisations to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action.
A& M Performance Improvement team is built on deep industry sector expertise with a demonstrably differentiated ability to address the most complex business problems and deliver dramatic and sustainable business performance improvements.
We are a growing team dedicated to driving bottom line impact. We have deep functional expertise & international backgrounds to help clients tackle a broad range of Global challenges, integrating effective solutions across international businesses, achieving excellent results. Blending hands-on industry expertise and strategic thinking, our team of experts work to develop and implement strategic & operational performance improvement solutions.
**What does the role involve?**
We have an exciting summer internship opportunity for ambitious 3rd year university students or fresh graduates looking to kickstart their career in management consulting. We look for candidates who are creative thinkers and driven by a passion to help our clients achieve excellence.
You will be an active part of the team supporting on a variety of projects for our Middle East operations and A& Ms clients in their strategy and performance improvement activities. Your role will consist of supporting the wider team in research, analysis and delivery of strategic trends and solutions for important client challenges. If you are proactive, enjoy collaborating and have the drive, we want to hear from you.
As part of the internship program, you will:
- join a growing team with strong leadership, bright, energetic people with a truly entrepreneurial spirit
- gain exposure to strategy consulting and industry network such as healthcare, retail, F& B, education, telecommunications, automotive, manufacturing, energy, consumer goods, transport, and business services
- work on client engagements either in the office or on client site (when possible)
- develop company and industrial analyses
- support research initiatives and new business development
The central building block of our success is our people. Their enthusiasm, willingness to perform and flexibility to adapt to a constantly changing environment matter to us. The ideal candidate will be a high performing self-starter and creative problem solver with the ambition and desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture. In addition, you will:
- **hold a valid UAE residency**, under family or university sponsorship as we are unable to provide UAE residency visas for interns
- be a 3rd year university student studying a bachelor's degreein engineering, accounting, business, or a similar discipline from an accredited top-tier university or a fresh graduate
- have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and solution-oriented mind-set, determined to consistently meet and exceed goals
- have excellent oral and written English communication skills, Arabic skills are desirable.
- have good organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- have the ability to research, analyse & present material clearly
- be proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
**Application and Assessment Process**
We will be accepting online applications on A& M career portal from **Tuesday, 11th January to Tuesday, 25th January 2022.**
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend virtual interviews consisting of a combination of interviews and case studies testing their analytical problem-solving skills in a variety of topics. This selection process is subject to changes, and you will be notified if any changes are made.
We can be flexible abound the timing of the internship and will be asking your availability during the interview process.
**Diversity & Inclusion**
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
**Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters**
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity