Pepsi Bottling Company NY Summer Machine Operator in New York, New York
To monitor flow of incoming materials (bottles or cans) and outgoing finished goods and correct any disturbance in flow, working with maintenance as necessary.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Operate and monitor line.
- Remove or shift materials and/or finished product as necessary.
- Expedite repairs to line; working with maintenance as necessary.
- Communicate with laboratory and/or supervisor regarding product change and cut-off.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
**EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:**
• Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D and 0-2 years Production Operator experience; **OR** 3+ years Production Operator experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Related training or certification.
• Experience working in a team environment.
**KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES**
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
• Communication - Effectively and coherently conveys relevant information to managers/supervisors and coworkers. Listens to and understands others.
- Customer Service - Meets and exceeds expectations of managers/supervisors and coworkers. Acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Ethics - Seeks guidance before problems occur and promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Information Gathering - Refers to a variety of sources such as Company policy manuals, employee handbook and external resources. Compiles and organizes all the facts required to respond to request(s).
- Interpersonal Skill - Develops openness and trust with others. Expresses opposing views in a tactful manner. Makes others feel comfortable.
- Multitasking - Shifts back and forth as needed between two or more activities or sources of information. Can handle more than one assignment or responsibility during a given time period.
- Safety Orientation - Follows and promotes safety rules and procedures. Requires customers, coworkers and everyone in his/her location to follow safety precautions at all times.
- Strong ethics.
**R** **EPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:**
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
**\* We do not provide application status due to overwhelming volume. If your skills meet our needs, we will contact you to move forward in the process.\***
**\*\*EOE without regard to race, color, religion, creed, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, gender, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, VEVRAA Federal Contractor.\*\*
\*\*\*If you have a disability and you need an accommodation to apply, please contact the Sr. Director of Talent and Development at 301-773-5500 ext. 2975\*\*\***