Noor Staffing Group, LLC Tax Preparer (Temp) in New York, New York
URGENT! Immediate need to fill positions during tax season (now through April 15th). You will be working with a nonprofit organization that aims to reduce poverty and promote economic mobility by providing services and connecting people to government and nonprofit programs that help them meet their basic needs.
5 locations in the NYC area - Tribeca (Manhattan), East Harlem (Manhattan), South Bronx, Long Island City (Queens), and Manhattan Beach (Brooklyn).
TAX PREPARER (TEMP) - 3 openings; $17.00/hour
QUALITY REVIEWER (TEMP) - 8 openings; $18.50/hour
**Will review the tax preparers' work; must have at least 2 years' experience in VITA or tax preparation.
As a Tax Preparer or Quality Reviewer, you will provide quality tax return preparation for eligible taxpayers. You will work closely with clients to prepare returns accurately and provide a high standard of service.
- Interest in accounting and/or economics; basic proficiency in math.
- Previous experience (including volunteer experience) in tax or accounting.
- Bilingual Spanish/English highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills - will be entering data into tax preparation software.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be friendly, dependable, flexible, and detail-oriented.
- Interview clients about personal and financial matters, and communicate tax issues to clients in a non-threatening manner.
- Research tax issues using the materials available through VITA and the IRS site.
- Interact with the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Balance competing priorities and working on multiple tasks, often on a time-sensitive basis.
What to Expect:
- Please include your most up-to-date resume when you apply. Expect to receive a call from us soon - we move quickly and need to speak with you by phone before we can progress further.
- You will then take the online IRS e-Learning course, which will take 15-20 hours.
- Once you are sufficiently prepared, you will take 3 exams to become certified. You have 2 chances to pass each exam.
- Once you have passed the exams, you will participate in In-Person training.
How to Apply:
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Write "Tax Preparer (Temp)" in the subject line of the e-mail.
Note: Also see Quality Reviewer (Temp) - NY State Job I.D. # NY1328929