Ross Stores, Inc. Technical Designer/Product Technician - Ladies Apparel (Full-Time or Temp-to-Perm) in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Technical Designer/Product Technician - Ladies Apparel (Full Time or Temp-to-Perm)
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Product Technician (Technical Designer) drives management and execution of samples, design, and product development for assigned product area in partnership with Merchants and Sourcing where applicable. This position will support our Apparel business making sure product is consistent with Merchants and approved or agreed upon fit, grading, and construction standards as established by area and/or vendor. Trains, develops, and oversees the workload of direct report to provide support and technical expertise to Merchant Partners.
This is a Full-Time or Temp-to-Perm opportunity. We currently have multiple newly created positions across kids, ladies, mens, and juniors apparel as our team continues to expand within the Product Technical Services area.
Oversees Technical Work for Product Area
- Advise, provide, and manage product details on sampling and production to ensure that Merchant's vision for product is achieved
- Collaborate with departmental leadership on comprehensive competitive and/or internal analysis of fit, grading and construction guidelines to support Merchants
- Proactively partner with manager and Fashion Office to advise Merchants on any technical considerations resulting from current trend information
- Create and update course materials and other training content, facilitate ongoing trainings as needed, and lead follow-up support and assessment of training needs for Merchant and PTS team members
- Train and guide Merchants on using live model and fit forms to support the review of product as applicable
Manage Sample Process
- Act as a liaison to DMMs and Buyers, responsible for understanding their needs and managing resources to meet those needs
- Maintain understanding of direct report, Sample Processor, and Merchant adherence to processes and effectively report up to Manager on issues related to process compliance
Manage Technical Design Process for Direct Product (As Applicable)
- Oversee the fit, quality and construction of product throughout the development life cycle, from inspiration to tech pack through production
- Partner with Merchant and Sourcing teams on product direction and fit intent; develop tech packs with clear garment construction and fit direction to vendors and/or review vendor submissions
Who you are ...
- 5+ years of technical design, product development, production management, or equivalent experience specific to Kid's Apparel or Women's Ready to Wear
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Design, Production Management, or Product Management preferred
- Experience in leading fit sessions and ability to communicate corrections
- In depth knowledge of materials, construction, and production
- Ability to train and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change