A&E Networks Technology Summer Intern in New York, New York
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The intern will work with the International and Communication Solutions Technology team to aid in the planning, development and support of a wide range of business systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The intern will work directly with their managers to help solve technology problems and deliver new features and functionality across multiple business applications which support many areas of the A+E Networks business teams including International and Marketing.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting in the data analysis of programming and rights related media data.
- Testing of multiple business applications from a technical and functional perspective.
- Participate in Agile scrum meetings to learn about the agile development process and contribute their own insights and ideas and assist with meeting follow-up.
- Participate in analysis needed to evaluate current systems functionality and help the team document and deliver new solutions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Solid oral and written communication skills
* Preference for individuals with technical and/or development experience or coursework, especially structured query language (SQL)
* Both an analytical and creative thinking mind-set
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* A positive attitude and desire to gain experience within the television technology landscape
* A true team player!
A+E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.