Penguin Random House LLC Title Manager - Sales in New York, New York
Our sales division is seeking a detail-oriented person to join the Random House Publishing Group sales team as a Title Manager. Working closely with the Group Sales Director and Imprint Sales Director, this highly visible and fast-paced role is responsible for the day-to-day positioning and tracking of the Random House, One World, Ballantine Bantam Dell, and Del Rey imprints.
The Title Manager interacts and communicates with employees across various levels and functions within the company and maintains information for both digital and physical hardcover, trade paperback, audio, and mass market paperback titles. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a collaborative team that has contributed to the process of getting many critically acclaimed and bestselling books into the hands of readers.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that Publishers, Inventory, Production and Sales have accurate data regarding print quantities based on new release estimates and order tracking.
• Managing daily and weekly tracking grids.
• Administering seasonal and drop-in pub goals with the Imprint Sales Director.
• Communicating and following up with sales reps regarding missing orders for print order and final bind deadlines.
• Preparing reports for supervisors for weekly and monthly meetings.
• Managing, tracking, and communicating reprint and reorder information for the Group Sales Director, Imprint Sales Director, Publishers, Sales Reps, Inventory Control, and other staff as needed.
• Analyzing sales reports and print estimates as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience; experience within publishing, inventory, or sales a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to effectively interact with employees across all levels within a company
• Superb attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects while working within a fast-paced environment
• Proactive and able to work well under pressure
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to learn new programs and adapt to an evolving marketplace
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York City Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 159441
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs