EY USA - Tax - Business Tax Services - Exempt Organizations - Intern - Summer 2022 in New York, New York
USA - Tax - Business Tax Services - Exempt Organizations - Intern - Summer 2022
CA-San Francisco, MO-St. Louis, NC-Charlotte, NY-New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax – National Tax – Exempt Organizations – Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
EY’s National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile clients by providing a range of tax planning and tax-related advisory services. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. The Exempt Organizations (EO) Tax Services practice operates within the NTD, and focuses exclusively on tax exempt organizations, including universities, health care systems, and high profile charities that are integral to the well-being of their communities. As part of the EO team, you will have the chance to help ensure these organizations maintain their tax exempt status, and are viable to serve their exempt purpose for years to come.
As a member of our EO tax team, you will learn about the business of tax exempt organizations, and understand how they maintain their exemption from paying taxes. However, as you progress within EY and our group, you will become a trusted business advisor to your clients, and will help these organizations grow. On top of this, you will benefit from being led, developed, and mentored by nationally recognized tax professionals who include some of the firm’s most senior tax talent.
As an Intern on our tax team, you will split your time among tax compliance, tax consulting, and provision review. This will involve preparing tax returns, responding to clients’ technical questions, and reviewing audit work papers – but only within tax exempt organizations. The EO tax practice also invests in the development of its team, with frequent virtual training, update calls, and in-person trainings to help individuals develop technical skills and learn about new areas of the law. Through your experiences, you will develop your skill sets and learn how tax exempt organizations are organized, operated, and perform their missions within their communities.
Your key responsibilities
· Developing technical skills and applying these skills to complex situations
· Providing timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
· Building client relationships and demonstrating knowledge of client business
· Demonstrating professionalism through a positive, team-oriented attitude and maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
· Contributing to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery
· Proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services in the marketplace, challenging traditional procedures used in the past, and attempting to find new, more effective approaches to problems
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
§ A predicted undergraduate degree in Accounting; graduate degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred or an advanced degree in tax or law
§ Plans to pursue becoming licensed as a CPA or attorney
§ A strong academic record, particularly in accounting and tax courses
§ Flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
§ Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
§ Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
§ Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
§ A demonstrated interest in tax exempt organization work or some experience working with tax exempt organization organizations
§ A valid driver’s license or passport in the U.S. due to travel requirements.
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Core Business Services
- EY Jobs