EY USA - Tax - ITTS - International Corporate Tax Advisory - JD/LLM Staff 2 - Winter 2022 in New York, New York
USA - Tax - ITTS - International Corporate Tax Advisory - JD/LLM Staff 2 - Winter 2022
MA-Boston, NY-New York, VA-McLean
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax — ITTS — International Corporate Tax Advisory — Staff 2
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
As part of International Tax and Transaction Services, you will provide technical knowledge to our clients, business judgment, consistency and an unwavering commitment to quality service for whatever services our clients need and wherever our clients are located.
Join our integrated global network of international tax professionals who help clients manage business tax responsibilities, including managing global tax risks and meeting cross-border obligations. Our multidisciplinary teams cover services involving management of global operational changes and transactions, capitalization and repatriation issues, transfer pricing and supply chains – from forward planning through reporting, to maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities.
You’re likely to balance your time between multiple projects and responsibilities, sometimes balancing four to six projects simultaneously. You’ll be trusted to consult on complex tax matters that impact both direct and indirect taxes. As part of that, you’ll research and analyze a client’s issue to get a better understanding of the business need, communicate your findings and then articulate an approach in a way your client can understand.
Your key responsibilities
· Building on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and applying them to moderately complex situations
· Providing timely and high-quality services and work products that clients expect
· Building client relationships and demonstrating knowledge of client business
· Demonstrating professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
· Contributing to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services; challenging traditional procedures used in the past; and attempting to find new, more effective approaches
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset . What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven . We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive . We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
· Qualifications .
Or be working toward a JD and/or a LLM in Taxation
Membership or anticipated membership in a US state bar
A strong academic record including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
Flexible and willing to travel, as well as work in excess of standard hours, when necessary
A valid driver’s license that meets travel requirements
Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment
Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Effective organization and time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
Integrity within a professional environment
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for
which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Tax
- EY Jobs