EY USA - Tax - ITTS - International Tax Quantitative Services - Intern - Summer 2022 in New York, New York
USA - Tax - ITTS - International Tax Quantitative Services - Intern - Summer 2022
NY-New York, OR-Portland
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax – National Tax – International Tax Quantitative Services (ITqS) – Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our clients’ businesses will only succeed if they’re built on strong foundations and grown in a sustainable way. At EY, we believe that managing our clients’ tax obligations responsibly and proactively can make a critical difference. Our talented tax professionals provide technical knowledge, business judgment, consistency and an unwavering commitment to quality service – wherever they are and whatever tax services they need.
EY’s National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients and is led by nationally recognized tax professionals who represent some of the firm’s most senior tax talent.
EY’s International Tax Services (ITS) practice, comprising both National Tax and regional professionals, helps multinational companies align their global tax positions with their business strategies to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value. ITS teams support clients’ cross-border transactions, assess their international tax attributes and strategies, and provide a range of services, including transfer pricing and tax-effective supply chain management. The focus of the ITqS group is to assist companies in determining, reporting and managing their US tax attributes using quantitative analyses and modeling related to their international operations.
Your key responsibilities
At EY, we know it’s your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference. We currently have exceptional learning opportunities for tax interns to team with more experienced colleagues to serve our clients. As an ITqS intern, you will work with the National ITqS Leader, others in the National ITqS group and local office teams in the design and execution of complex ITqS projects with clients of the firm. Projects will include assisting clients with US international information reporting, computing US tax attributes related to international operations, modeling the effects of proposed US international tax legislation, and advising clients on improvements to their tax provision processes.
Daily activities include working with internal and external clients to determine process pain points and designing technology-driven solutions to alleviate these pain points. Candidates will work with MS SQL, C# and VBA, while further developing their international tax technical skills. This role includes the design, implementation and deployment of quantitative models and standardized processes to assist the ITqS practice in efficiently meeting our clients’ needs.
ITqS projects include those involving:
· Compliance (e.g., IRS Forms 1118, 5471, 8858, 8865)
· Attributes (e.g., earnings and profits, tax basis, foreign tax credit)
· Modeling (e.g., transactional, legislative, controversy)
· Provision (e.g., process, remediation)
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
§ Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or other relevant degree. A minor/dual degree in accounting information systems preferred
§ Pursuing the CPA certification
§ Familiarity of advanced Microsoft Office programming (e.g., Excel, Access and VBA)
§ Interest in learning the following technologies: C#, Visual Basic, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server
§ Excellent quantitative and modeling skills
§ Excellent project management skills combined with interest and experience in process improvement and efficiency
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your
abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Tax
- EY Jobs