EY USA - Tax - ITTS - Transaction Tax Advisory - Intern - Summer 2022 in New York, New York
USA - Tax - ITTS - Transaction Tax Advisory - Intern - Summer 2022
CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, MA-Boston, NY-New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6 -
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY ( www.ey.com/en_us/careers ). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
Tax – ITTS – Transaction Tax Advisory – M&A – Extern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our clients turn to our International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) – Transaction Tax Advisory (TTA) team to understand and plan for the complex challenges that arise throughout acquisitions, disposals, refinancing, restructuring and public offerings. In response, we’ve developed a highly collaborative team of subject matter professionals, spanning borders and industries to stay ahead of the curve in a rapidly moving market. Everything we do is focused on helping our clients make the right choices, and as a TTA Intern, you’ll play a key part in achieving that goal.
You’ll be given a number of responsibilities, so you can expect to be constantly learning and growing in this role. Right from the start you’ll be exposed to the entire transaction process, often working across service lines to deliver tailored tax consulting services. On top of this, with both formal and on-the-job training, you’ll learn globally relevant technical and tax skills while improving your personal and client-handling experience. And, as a member of the TTA team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with highly trained subject-matter professionals who are top of their fields.
You’re likely to spend your time across a portfolio of projects, so the ability to prioritize under tight deadlines will be important. With a focus on supporting colleagues from a substantive perspective, an average week might include assisting with proposals, monitoring engagement economics, assessing individual engagements’ risks, reviewing various financial and tax documents, participating on calls and drafting deliverables. There’s a lot to learn in this area; but with plenty of support, you’ll quickly become a trusted tax professional, with a rare understanding of how businesses worldwide relate to tax.
Your key responsibilities
· Perform due diligence on acquisition targets to analyze potential risks and benefits
· Collaborate with our tax teams worldwide to share data, communicate issues and oversee deadlines
· Manage the entire engagement process from beginning to end
· Develop tax structures for domestic and international transactions
· Evaluate tax aspects of financial models
· Research complex tax issues and drafting technical documents and presentations, while providing authoritative tax findings to managers, senior managers, partners and clients
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
§ Actively working towards obtaining an LLM in Taxation
§ A high-level of self-motivation to work and learn both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team
§ The time management skills to prioritize effectively when working on multiple complex projects
§ The flexibility to adapt to new challenges and a flair for speaking up with great ideas
§ Flexibility and a genuine desire to learn
§ A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
§ Experience gained through a financial modeling role
§ An in-depth understanding of basic modeling tools, including Excel
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Tax
- EY Jobs