U.S. Bank USBCDC Chief Investment & Product Officer in New York, New York
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation (USBCDC) is seeking an experienced professional to join our growing company as the Chief Investment & Product Officer . The Chief Investment & Product Officer will report to CDC CEO and will lead all four CDC product areas (Community Finance Solutions, Affordable Housing, Environmental Finance, Tax Credit Syndications) plus revenue enabling support functions (Loan Administration, Deposit and Payment Solutions, Construction Monitoring). The Chief Investment & Product Officer will be responsible for a cohesive and dynamic product strategy that considers complex year-to-year variability in tax credit supply/demand, U.S. Bank tax, capital and revenue goals, against the broad, multi-asset class opportunities in the tax equity and debt markets in the social and environmental impact arenas. This leader will be responsible for optimizing financial value for the company across all those ever-changing dynamics, quarter over quarter, year over year. The Chief Investment & Product Officer will be responsible for annual volume and growth goals, executing on the long-term growth strategy, and enabling the future by driving efficiencies across the platform and between and among CDC product areas, through innovation and robust resource planning. The Chief Investment & Product Officer will serve as a member of the CDC Executive Leadership Team, and will be the key business partner to the CDC CEO as it looks to dramatically grow critical areas of our business activities. This will require the Chief Investment & Product Officer to coordinate and lead work across asset classes in partnership with other CDC areas (Strategy Office, Business Transformation Office, Business Impact Group and the Sustainable Finance Team) and U.S. Bank enterprise functions (Credit Risk Management, Human Resources, Corporate Finance, Technology and Operations).
This individual will be a seasoned leader with extensive business experience and product knowledge, broad and deep functional expertise, with the demonstrated capacity for proactive strategic leadership. This role is also expected to partner with other ELT members and key leaders to enable strategy execution and collaborate cross-functionally to achieve organizational health and its overall growth plans and objectives.
The position requires knowledge of banking, real estate accounting and finance, tax credit finance and social and/or environmental finance. Other job qualifications include management experience, the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary leadership team, strong analytical abilities and strong prioritization skills.
To be successful, the Chief Investment & Product Officer needs to develop strong working relationships within the CDC product areas as well as with other key stakeholders across USBCDC, U.S. Bank and the respective industries. Additionally, the Chief Investment & Product Officer must be able to combine a high-level strategic approach with the ability to be hands-on in executing tasks needed for the success of the business.
• Work with a team of direct reports to manage production goals, production capacity and asset management function for all four product areas.
• Provide strategic direction and leadership around business line strategies, messaging, and process/procedures with both internal and external partners.
• Strategize for growth, lead its execution through product areas, leverage expertise and resources optimally, and drive results.
· Actively initiate and participate in meetings with business line leaders and critical talent.
• Communicate clearly and often with leaders and members of the CDC product areas.
• Guide, coach and developing team members, and manage the team’s ability to work effectively with other departments and collaborate for the good of the organization.
• Responsible oversight for risk management of new and existing portfolio including performance against program recapture compliance, risk rating accuracy, audits and bank related compliance.
• Actively ensure compliance with all U.S. Bancorp policies and procedures such as Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements.
• Represent USBCDC and its CFS Team in the industry with trade groups and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other related field (master’s degree preferred).
• Ten (10) or more years of experience in community development industry or relatable industry (within financial services strongly preferred).
• Seven (7) or more years of management experience.
• In depth experience and knowledge of tax credit programs.
• Strong leadership skills and proven ability in motivating employees and promoting teamwork.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, management, and teamwork skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and the abilityto effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
• High level of independent significant decision-making ability.
• Ability to quickly identify risks and determine reasonable solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate others in a high-stress environment to achieve goal.
• Ability to effectively communicate and resolve conflicts by both oral and written communication to both internal and external clients.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic and evolving work environment.
• Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Operations and deep financial planning acumen.
• Ability to lead a team in planning, organizing, and managing multiple projects and priorities to accomplish deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with groups and individuals, at various levels.
• Ability to delegate duties and assignments in order to achieve objective.
• Skill in developing policies and procedures designed to meet the goals and
objectives of the organization.
• Skill in the preparation and presentation of ideas and information in both formal and informal settings.
• Experience and knowledge of the principles and practices of management and employee development.
• Ability to think critically to solve problems with rational solutions.
• Ability to react and make decisions quickly under pressure with good judgment.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in federal and state NMTC and HTC equity programs.
• Strong knowledge of CDFI industry, governance, focus and impact.
• Knowledge of financing structures used for NMTC, HTC and CDFI transactions.
• Familiarity with partnership and accounting structures.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $216,410.00 - $254,600.00 - $280,060.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- U.S. Bank Jobs