Amazon Corporate LLC UX Designer, Creative Intelligence in New York, New York
The Creative Intelligence team is seeking an experienced UX Designer who can creatively solve complex customer problems and enable business teams to make high velocity decisions. We build analytics products that surface data driven insights to help grow and optimize Amazon's business.
To succeed in this role, you must be an experienced designer, a systems thinker and a passionate advocate for the customer, always looking to invent and simplify on their behalf. You must earn trust with technical credibility, pragmatic decision making, and strong follow through working with technology teams across Amazon.
You need a comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices, with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design and functionality.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Creating user-centered designs by considering data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
* Creating work flows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives and features.
* Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive experiences.
* Developing and maintaining detailed user-interface specifications, working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment.
* Communicating complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
* Minimum 4+ years of experience as an UX/Interaction Designer.
* A strong online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) AND solid visual designs (mockups and style guides).
* Ability to create interactive experiences using HTML and/or prototyping software.
* Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Invision, Flinto.
* Fluency in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
* Bachelor's degree in UX design, interaction design, or equivalent professional experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age