Daniel J. Edelman, Inc. Vice President,â€¯Corporate Health in New York, New York
Ourbiotechteams are doing some of the most exciting work we have at Edelman. They not only service breakthrough, first-in-class medicines, but are also pioneering some of the best Communications Marketing work including integrated creative, digital and interactive content development. In addition to serving as a senior leader on the Corporate Health team, you'll also drive the strategy, oversight and day-to-day running and financial management for key accounts in the practice.
We are looking for a leader and a seasoned communicator with a robust fluency in healthcare communications, including direct client experience servicing companies at varying sizes and development stages. An ideal colleague is someone who is self-motivated, takes initiative, readily accepts new responsibility and is driven to succeed.
Given the different sizes and infrastructure of our clients, it's critical this person is nimble, solutions-oriented and displays a positive, energetic, can-do attitude. This agility will be helpful, not only to motivate teams, but to set an example of how to adjust approach and communications to meet changing circumstances, shifting needs and interest. Critical thinking is important to determine any underlying issues, reconcile ambiguity, simplify the situation and arrive at a solution. One of the key pillars of this role is to be a true partner to clients, a strategic counsel who is ingrained in their business at a macro level, but with a strong handle on the day-to-day work and deliverables with the team. Our clients rely on us to be confident in our guidance, but able to pivot or yield when needed. An important part of this role will be to help develop talent and encourage by example the best ways to work withour clients. The pace, level of contact, expectations and needs for these clients is often quite different from large pharmaceutical companies and part of this role is to be a thought leader, educator in best practices and a creative thinking/solutions coach.
- Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Play major role in creation of communications plans and goals; manage against them
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Consistently produce high-quality internal and external communications content
- Build relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client needs
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations
- At least eight years of full-time experience in public relations and/or related fields including advertising, management consulting, and media
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (public relations, communications, English, advertising, journalism, business)
- Be able to demonstrate excellent storytelling skills, and provide sound, level-appropriate strategic/communications counsel with all levels client contacts
- Proven ability to communicate highly scientific content across audiences
- Possess proven management and leadership skills as well as a proven track record of success in executing fast-moving, large-scale campaigns at the strategic and tactical level
- Be able to manage budgets and team on sizable pieces of business to achieve client goals
- Ability to write strategic plans and a variety of communications materials with limited oversight
- Have experience with and knowledge of earned media, particularly in the health and pharma space
- Have experience managing campaign launches, milestone announcements, media events, and desk-side briefings
- Possess keen interest and high awareness of current events, particularly in healthcare
- Have knowledge of social/digital media
- Possess and solutions-oriented mindset
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6, 000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age's 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report's 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity