The Levy Group Inc. Vice President of Production in New York, New York
Execute the strategic initiatives for the Sourcing and Production organization to support the design and global sourcing objectives, technical execution, costing and logistics, and production management and planning for performance/active apparel division. Work with product development and liaise with sales and design management team to finalize vendor allocation decisions and production costing. Travel to and set strategy for global source base in Asia. Identify and qualify new vendors to ensure alignment with strategic seasonal and yearly sourcing plan. Oversee the mitigation and resolution of identified issues or risks to production and delivery timing. Implement the quality and compliance processes. Manage agent relationships and negotiate contracts. Analyze factory base to assess future viability and assess new factory opportunities. Develop plans to reduce time to market and to improve efficiencies. Direct overseas office and coordinate shipment logistics to ensure customer order dates are met. Establish and implement short- and long-term sourcing strategies. Manage budgets, oversee foreign office expenses, and challenge costing methods to increase profitability.
- Bachelor's degree in fashion design, merchandising or production technology and eight years of experience in apparel product development, production, and sourcing.
Or alternatively, ten years of experience in apparel product development, production and sourcing.
- Proven factory-based fashion production experience.
- Proven knowledge of garment manufacturing, including construction, fabrication, trims and print techniques.
- Proven experience assessing vendor-manufacturing capability.
- Proven experience developing and managing a fashion product sourcing team.
- Frequent international travel required.
Schedule: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Resumes to The Levy Group Inc.: email@example.com, Ref: IS01.