Ross Stores, Inc. Vice President, Talent Management in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
About Ross Stors, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Vice President Talent Management is responsible for leading the strategy, design, development and oversight of succession-focused programs and policies related to the areas of career planning, competency management, succession planning and 9-box readiness.
In this role, you will collaborate with senior leaders and stakeholders in the business, our HR Business Partners, other HR Centers of Excellence, and members of the Talent Development team to ensure a seamless implementation of Talent Management and Succession-related programs for Ross' Buying Office. This resource is responsible for keeping current on leading practices, designing programs to support Associate growth and development, evaluating and measuring program performance, authoring policies and procedures, and ensuring the timely and effective delivery of specific programs and policies. Additionally, you will serve as an internal coach to select associates while managing our relationships with an external bench of executive coaches as part of our ongoing focus on leadership development.
You are innovative, highly organized and have a passion for developing people, partnerships and best in class programs. To be successful in this role, you will need to lead with a people-first approach; be passionate about Human Resources as a key function of business success & have a demonstrated ability to translate strong business acumen into HR strategies and successful people programs.
- Establish a comprehensive strategy to guide the design, development and deployment of innovative Talent Management and Succession-focused programs and policies (i.e., career planning, competency management, succession planning, and 9-box).
- Own the coordination of Talent Management and Succession-related processes / activities across the Buying Office (leveraging HR Centers of Excellence and/or HRBP support where appropriate).
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and other Ross business leaders to gain a detailed understanding of organizational goals / needs and provide expert Talent Management and Succession-focused solutions and services that align with the Buying Office strategy.
- Lead the design, development and delivery of necessary tools, communication(s), and/or training required for business leaders to successfully perform required actions related to talent and succession management. Develop detailed workplans to ensure timely execution.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with business leaders, HR partners, and external partners and consultants to support a wide range of efforts on training, coaching, communications, and talent management content creation to support the ongoing growth of Associates as part of succession planning and building a pipeline of talent within the organization.
- Manage the relationships with our external coaching partners, supporting how our leaders are matched with a coach, and partner with the GVP Talent Development and VP Professional & Leadership Development to ensure accountability to our leaders' ongoing development.
- Develop a strategic plan for how succession planning at Ross will continue to evolve and serve as an advocate for continuous improvement in Talent Management and Succession-related programs.
- Evaluate emerging trends and keep apprised of technological advancements. Leverage best practices and benchmarking where possible.
- Define requirements for, or participate in, the selection of Talent Management and Succession enabling technologies. Ensure that these offerings improve productivity and add value to the business.
- Track and measure outcomes of initiatives and programs to determine their efficacy and ensure alignment with forward-looking strategic priorities.
- Lead special projects related to talent management (e.g., impact studies, senior leader presentations, development needs, etc.).
Who you are...
- Master's degree / MBA preferred (or at least a Bachelor's degree) and at least 8 years of deep Talent Management and/or Succession Planning experience and expertise.
- At least 5 years of experience managing an HR function.
- Proven strong leadership, project management and strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with and influencing senior business leaders.
- Experience overseeing complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to consistently ensure impeccable follow through and communication to the organization.
- Certified Executive Coach required; membership in ICF is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of coaching leaders either internally or as an external coach.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change