Ross Stores, Inc. Vice President, Workforce Strategy & Analytics in New York, New York
VICE PRESIDENT, WORKFORCE STRATEGY & ANALYTICS
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at
About this job:
Creating and maintaining an optimal workforce structure, with the right people in the right roles is critical to the historic and ongoing success of Ross. The Vice President, Workforce Strategy & Analytics is responsible for directing the strategy, design, and deployment of the Buying Office workforce strategy and planning. In this role, you and your team will partner with the HR COEs, Business Leaders, and Finance to build the strategic framework that drives workforce planning, succession planning and organizational design. It is the responsibility of the VP WFSA to serve as the COE Lead for the Buying Office and directly guide the Business and team members to deliver excellent workforce strategy and succession plans. The VP WFSA will also be responsible for partnering with merchandise finance to ensure the current and future year financial implications are communicated to the Executive Buying Office leadership team and incorporated into budgets and forecasts. In addition, the VP WFSA will work with his/her team to identify and report on the key people related metrics necessary to reach Business Objectives.
- Apply expert knowledge and collaborate with HR COEs, directs and business to design, develop and maintain innovative workforce strategy and succession programs and processes that are supportive of the overall strategies and human capital needs of the business and differentiate Ross in the marketplace
- Develop and own the end-to-end workforce planning processes for the Buying Office. Establish a protocol for continuous updating and improving these processes and communicating changes as needed. Manage all applicable service level agreements
- Ensure business understanding and competency in the areas of workforce planning, succession planning and org design
- Collaborate with HRBPs and Buying Office leadership to gain a deep understanding of organizational goals and strategies
- Drive the process with the HRBP’s, TA and Finance to ensure forward looking planning of annual staffing demands. Proactively identify internal opportunities and external needs
- Provide consultative, problem-solving support for challenging people business issues and proactively identifying solutions to issues (this can include internal or external needs)
- Drive dialogue between Finance / HR / TA to enable forward looking strategy and both internal succession planning and proactive recruitment while working within approved budgets
- Establish and monitor performance metrics and KPIs aimed at monitoring performance of the workforce strategy and analytics programs as well as to ensure compliance with legal requirements and company expectations
- Serves as liaison to Finance, supporting the 5-year planning process and workforce planning needs. Facilitates communication between Finance, TA, HRBP’s and Executive Buying Leadership regarding financial implications of all workforce planning activities
- Partner with TA on a quarterly basis and provide guidance in a structured manner on upcoming external talent needs
- Provide guidance and oversight in the selection and implementation of tools and technologies that support these efforts. Ensure that these offerings improve productivity and add value to the business
- Create reports and dashboards on historical data and forecasting results to analyze data, recommending talent solutions for implementation
- Manage and develop a team that is responsible for the continuous improvement of the workforce planning process
Act as a coach and mentor to continue to build skills for the team
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of broad HR or relevant business experience and expertise in areas of workforce planning, analytics and strategy
- At least 7 years of experience in managing a significant HR function
- At least 5 years of experience in the direct management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team
- Experience working with and influencing senior business leaders
- Experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders, resolving service issues and reconciling differences
- Proven strong leadership, project management and strong organizational skills.
- Experience overseeing complex strategic projects
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)