Scholastic Video Producer in New York, New York
New York, New York, United States at https://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/5930/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Dec 05, 2019Post Date
Do you want to work on interesting and adorable educational content for kids?
Then you’ve come to the right place. Scholastic Classroom Magazines is looking for a highly creative video producer who will work together with our editorial and video teams to create engaging short-form educational videos for grades K-12.
We’re looking for a seasoned video editor with good compositing skills and a strong sense of design. The ideal candidate will use these skills to craft compelling narratives using stock footage and interviews.
Our video producers work on numerous projects, with overlapping deadlines. You should be able to work quickly and independently on tight deadlines while maintaining a commitment to accuracy and detail. Producers must also do their own photo, video and audio research to complement the storyline of each video.
• Collaborate with editorial and video teams to help shape video concepts
• Take a script and create a cohesive look and feel for the video
• Manage production process and workflows, from footage ingest to final delivery
• Work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
• Produce and edit engaging short-form educational videos for grades K-12
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Minimum 4 years of experience as a video editor
• Technical understanding of post-production process and workflows
• Ability to manage competing priorities; exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to be kind, flexible, and adaptive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Proficient in Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with color correction, audio mixing, and motion graphics preferred
• A passion for educational and/or kids’ content is a must
• Ability to set up gear, film, and direct very simple video shoots a big plus
• Fluent Spanish speaker is a big plus
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 100 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination.
To view the full EOE policy, clickhere.
To view the Scholastic Inc. EEO Policy statement, clickhere.
To view the Pay Transparency provision, clickhere.
- Scholastic Jobs