Ross Stores, Inc. Workplace Planning, Project Lead in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Workplace Planning, Project Lead
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,900 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as seven state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2021 revenues of $18.9 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Workplace Planning, Project Lead serves as the primary liaison between Corporate Properties and senior business leaders to establish and communicate the strategy and processes for current and future space planning needs for the New York Buying Office. Advocates for the business departments and associates needs ensuring space meets functional requirements and is efficiently utilized. Develops comprehensive project and communication plans for all space planning initiatives ensuring customer centric emphasis. Leads special projects for HR as required.
- Work with Corporate Properties team to establish strategy for current and future space planning needs
- Work with Finance to ensure budgeted positions are identified for space planning needs
- Facilitate discussion/programming of space requirements (headcount/growth/budgets, adjacencies, special support needs) through department needs assessment analyses
- Guide and consults with senior department leaders on the space planning process and procedures
- Ensures associate viewpoint is considered in all plans and communications to mitigate business disruption
- Coordinates moves with Corporate Properties to ensure floor plans are accurate and updated
- Creates communication plans for all space planning projects
- Responsible for leading planning project meetings and producing meeting minutes and other documentation as required
- Develops migration plans and sequencing of group level relocations
- Creates and manages project plans for HR Operations as assigned
Who you are...
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in space planning project management and/or strategy developed within, or in support of, a rapidly changing and growing corporate environment
- You have your Bachelor's Degree
- You have intermediate skills required in MS Office Suite; Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- You have the proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with good humor and grace
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have the ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- You have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations and issues concurrently
- You have the ability to interface with all levels maintaining strong working relationships across the business
- You demonstrate resilience and a calm demeanor in all situations
- You have the ability to influence decision making cross functionally
- You have the ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents
- You demonstrate high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.