Roosevelt Island Operating Corp. Youth Program Assistant (Seasonal) in New York, New York
This position is seasonal from July 2019 through September 2019.
Title: Youth Program Assistant
Under general supervision of Community Affairs Director, assists in leading a variety of recreational program activities involved in the programming for the Roosevelt Island Youth Center. In addition, this seasonal position will work from July to September, from 35 hours per week and help kids enjoy activities such as arts & crafts, swimming, music, science, dance, sports, games and special events. The R.I. Youth Center provides a nine-week summer "drop-in" style program for boys and girls ages seven (7) to eighteen years (18) of age that includes a variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- Provide quality customer service to members, volunteers and participants
- Obtain, organize and manage volunteer staff to assist with the operations of the programs
- Successfully obtain and file registration, waivers from participants
- Responsible for ensuring all volunteer staff has successfully completed a background check prior to starting with the program
- Provide on-site supervision for program implementation
- Sets-up and issue equipment for recreational activities
- Provide a variety of general and routine administrative tasks in support of recreation programs
- Enforces applicable program rules and regulations
- Assist in preparing program event and facility marketing material including news releases, flyers, schedules of events
- Performs a variety of general and routine administrative tasks in support of the Community Affairs Department
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid First Aid/CPR & AED Certification required
- Lifeguard Certification preferred but not required
- 1+ years of college education
- 2 years minimum working with Children
- Must be flexible and able to work full time for the summer project
- Community Relations experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a team
What we offer:
- Commuter benefit programs, including, transit check or free parking on RIOC
- An exciting work environment with a beautiful view of Manhattan and Long Island City
To be considered, please forward your resume to: HRstaffing@rioc.ny.gov OR email@example.com and mention you were referred by Department of Labor.
F train to Roosevelt Island Station or Tram to Roosevelt Island. Free Red bus on the Island.