Macmillan Communications Summer Intern in New York
Communications Summer Intern
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors,
our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan
publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical
background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
This person will be working with the Communications and Author Events departments in the creation and management of communication vehicles for Macmillan Publishers employees, as well as the management of external relations with relevant outside partners/stakeholders
for the division. Candidates must be able to prioritize, multitask, and be an excellent problem solver. S/he should also have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. This is a visible position within the company, so the ideal candidate will be
an excellent communicator who is comfortable with finding opportunities and helping out in a department that addresses the needs of a diverse group of audiences.
• Create and edit content for company-wide newsletters and keep track of newsletter analytics
• Attend Lunch & Learns with authors and employees and record/take notes for newsletter feature articles
• Assist with setup/breakdown for Lunch & Learns and other company-events
• Main content curator for weekly pub date alert emails
• Search major news outlets for news about books as well as weekly best seller lists
• Social Media (as needed)
• Schedule Author Event Tweets
• Curate LinkedIn Content
• Instagram photos
• Assist with updating author events confirmation grid
• Prepare/pack for trade shows/festivals
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Communications and writing
• Social media skills
• Event logistics
• Must love books!
• Communications, Journalism or English background/major preferred
Educational Background Required:
• High school completed