H&R Block / Thomas Associates Experienced Tax Preparers (Seasonal) in New York
Are you a customer-centric Tax Preparer with dedication to your clients and community? H&R Block is seeking experienced seasonal Tax Preparers to serve clients with diverse tax needs and advance their tax knowledge.
To apply you must email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be contacted to schedule a date and time to take the Assessment Test(location 287 Livingston St, Brooklyn, NY 11217), if candidate passes the assessment the application process begins.
The Tax Knowledge Assessment (TKA) tests an individual's knowledge of tax preparation and tax theory. The TKA is an alternate employment eligibility path for experienced Tax Professionals.
About the Tax Knowledge Assessment
- The Tax Knowledge Assessment (TKA) is the first step towards joining the H&R Block Team!
- TKA is an open book assessment that is designed to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of basic income tax preparation.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass.
- There are two parts to the TKA. Once the first part is passed, the second is made available. The second part is not required however, passing allows hiring at a higher certification level.
- Both parts of the TKA include multiple-choice questions based on 2018 and 2019 tax law associated with individual tax return preparation.
- Each part is limited to three attempts and is timed.
- First TKA - 2 hours to complete 50 questions.
- Second TKA (optional) - 3 hours to complete 75 questions.
H&R Block values knowledge and wants to help recruit experienced Tax Professionals. To assist with this recruitment effort, we have created two Tax Knowledge Assessment tests.
- Tax Knowledge Assessment - Tax Associate aka TKA - 1: Is an equivalent to the Income Tax Course final exam. By passing this test with an 80 percent or higher, a candidate can be considered for employment as a Tax Professional.
- Tax Knowledge Assessment - Tax Specialist aka TKA - 2: After passing Tax Knowledge Assessment - Tax Associate, a candidate has the option to take this second test. Should a candidate pass the second test with an 80 percent or higher they are eligible to enter the certification program as a Tax Specialist.
To be eligible to work as a Tax Professional, the candidate must also successfully complete the following prior to 11/30/20:
- 13 hours of Federal tax law topics.
- 3 hours of Tax Update.
- 2 hours of Ethics.
- Reminder: Completing 18 or more CE hours is not a guarantee of employment.
- Introduction to BlockWorks Online Class, which covers the software application and tax interview skills.
- Satisfy any state-specific requirements, as applicable.
- All applicants working in a tax preparation position must also register for a PTIN with the IRS before they start preparing returns and complete any State Requirements.
Depending on experience and book of business the hourly rate will be negotiable.
To apply email resume to: email@example.com
In the subject of the email write: "Experienced Tax Preparer "