SCO Family of Services Family Dynamics- Activity Specialist in New York
Activity Specialists are responsible for creating and implementing a theme/project-based curriculum that is structured and engaging and must be aligned with the New York State Learning Standards and Common Core Curriculum. Activity Specialists are required to teach literacy through their respective activities. * Work with participants during after-school hours, school breaks and/or summer recess. * Provide constant supervision of assigned groups of children. * Ensure the safety of all program participants. * Organize and chaperone field trips that are aligned with the curriculum. * Plan and implement age-appropriate activities. * Submit lesson plans in a timely fashion. * Record, submit and maintain accurate attendance records. * Pick up and dismiss program participants. * Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants. * Maintain the general upkeep of space and materials used by the program. * Coordinate special events in collaboration with the Education Specialist. * Work with Group Leaders to ensure effective management of assigned groups of children. * Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings. * Works closely with site based staff to provide services to participants and their families. * Has direct and consistent contact with participants and parents. * Perform other duties as assigned. * SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree (related to the specific activity applying for)
- Experience working with children under 13 years of age.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience in curriculum development.
- Strong knowledge of child development and enrichment programming important.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet expected timelines
- Previous experience working in an arts-related environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of NYS Learning Standards and Core Curriculum is a plus.
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
Job: *ACTIVITIES SPECIALIST
Title: Family Dynamics- Activity Specialist
Location: New York
Requisition ID: 39480