Macmillan Marketing & Publicity Assistant in New York
Marketing & Publicity Assistant
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors,
our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan
publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical
background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC.
Picador/FSG is seeking an enthusiastic and creative person, passionate about books and media, to join our Publicity and Marketing Department. Reporting to the VP Associate Publisher of Picador, this individual will be a key member of a small team, responsible
for providing assistance for all hands-on publicity and marketing and administrative support for the Department and the Associate Publisher. Specifically, this individual will provide general office support for the Publicity and Marketing Department, as well
as personal assistance to the Associate Publisher, while collaborating on the media and marketing campaigns for new books. An eagerness to learn in an engaging environment is a must.
• Act as point person for all general phone and email inquiries for the Publicity and Marketing Dept., including requests for review copies, jacket art and preliminary interview requests
• Draft press materials for galley and finished book mailings as needed
• Create and send several monthly e-newsletters
• Assist in preparing tour schedules and major media campaigns
• Assist in drafting and coordinating schedules for author tours, including booking author travel
• Help update publicity schedules, media summaries, and dept media database
• Field invoices, billing, and budgets
• Work with Marketing Director on innovative social media campaigns
• Assist in preparation of PowerPoint presentations for seasonal Launch meetings and Sales Conferences
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Superior written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, to take initiative and responsibility
• Eagerness to collaborate with colleagues
• Ability to be creative, assertive and persuasive
• Strong understanding of social media including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
• Familiarity with HTML is a plus but not required
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a relevant subject area