Macmillan Publishing Operations Assistant in New York
Publishing Operations Assistant
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors,
our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan
publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical
background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
Tom Doherty Associates is seeking a detail-oriented person for the newly created position of
Publishing Operations Assistant. This position will aid and coordinate central services including, but limited to, scheduling seasonal and departmental meetings, coordinating company-wide events, and additional ad hoc assistance in reporting and analytics.
The ideal candidate will be proficient at prioritization as well as liaising and communicating with various departments. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates or entry-level professionals eager to learn about the Publishing industry via operations.
• Coordinating with Facilities to schedule all large, seasonal TDA meetings such as: Visitations, Publisher’s Strategy Meeting, Pre-launch, Launch using Google calendar
• Assist with creating and circulating to staff any related Agendas and Tip Sheets for large TDA meetings
• Attend and take minutes for TDA-wide meetings such as Visitations, Publisher’s Strategy Meeting, Pre-launch, and TDA monthly editorial meetings
• Assist with creating and maintaining a seasonal strategy master document via Google sheets
• Assist with coordinating any TDA lunches and/or staff events
• Support the Assistant Brand Manager by running ad-hoc reporting using internal systems like Biblio and Cognos, maintaining backlist calendars, and assisting in backlist initiatives
• Assist with seasonal mass market planning, in-house research, and metadata
• Various additional supportive tasks for senior management and publishers
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working in a fast-paced, energetic environment
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic and critical thinking skills
• Motivated and detail-oriented
• Entry-level to 1 year of office administrative experience
Educational Background Required:
• College degree, or relevant experience