Macmillan Senior Publicist in New York
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors,
our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan
publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical
background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
Tom Doherty Associates is seeking a Senior Publicist to work on titles for the Tor.com imprint. Reporting to the TDA Publicity Manager, this individual will be a key team member responsible for creating and executing multiple publicity campaigns for science
fiction, fantasy, and horror novellas and novels.
• Creating original and compelling publicity campaigns for multiple titles per season
• Planning and executing multi-city book tours and author appearances, including coordinating book signings, arranging travel and creating comprehensive tour schedules
• Pitching and securing top national and local media, including print, radio, television, and online outlets
• Writing press materials, including compelling press releases and creative pitch letters
• Working closely with Tor.com staff, as well as the publicity team, authors, publishers, editors, sales and marketing teams
• Develop, cultivate and maintain substantive relationships with media
• Representing Tor.com at industry events, conferences and trade shows
• Helping to coordinate content for Tor.com and contributions to Tor.com newsletter
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Demonstrated booking and author tour management skills.
• Established network of broadcast, print, and digital contacts.
• Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently
• Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced, energetic environment
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic and critical thinking skills
• Motivated and detail-oriented
• 3-5 years of publicity experience with a well-rounded knowledge of trade book publishing
Educational Background Required:
• College degree