Tioga Downs Casino Resort Grounds Maintenance- Tioga Golf Club in Nichols, New York
This is a seasonal position. Weekends are required.
Perform all Grounds Maintenance functions within approved guidelines and as directed by the Golf Course Superintendent.
· Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
· Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
· Ensure adherence to all OSHA regulations and codes, NFPA Standards and internal safety policies and procedures.
· Perform landscape maintenance, plant flowers, grass, shrubs and bushes, trim, water and fertilize, rake, mulch and prune.
· Responsible for mowing grass on the tee boxes, fairways, roughs, fringes, greens, and around walkways, walls, and flowerbeds using a mower.
· Maintains surroundings of the golf course.
· Conduct preventive maintenance on all equipment as assigned.
· Supports other Maintenance Engineer and Superintendent as needed and assigned.
· Responsible for use and care of tools and equipment.
· Responsible for correctively using, Z mowers, backhoes, and skid steers.
· Responsible for keeping maintenance buildings clean and secure as well as surrounding yard area.
· All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required.
Previous grounds maintenance experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure and technical manuals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and radiation. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold. There are also strong smells the associate will come in contact with.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When around equipment or mechanical rooms, the noise level will increase to loud.