Trinity Health Cook - Glen Eddy Niskayuna NY - Full Time in Niskayuna, New York
Cook - Glen Eddy Niskayuna NY - Full Time
Who we are?
St. Peters Health Partners – is a member of Trinity Health
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
We offer great Benefits including: Competitive Pay, Paid Leave. Shift Differentials, just to name a few.
Overall, working as a hospital cook is a great responsibility.
You have to be extra careful, as you are catering to the culinary needs of people who aren’t well.
In this role, you may be asked to perform some or all of the duties mentioned in the list below:
- Look through each patients’ diet plan, and determine what ingredients will be required.
- Prepare food items by cutting, chopping, marinating, and cubing meats, vegetables, and fruits.
- Make soups and stocks, according to specified recipes, making sure that the right amount of seasoning is used.
- Cook nutritious meals, according to standardized protocols, ensuring that cleanliness is given the highest priority.
- Perform portioning activities on trays or platters, by following set instructions, on a per patient basis.
- Oversee the cleanliness and sanitization of kitchen areas, such as counters, floors, and walls.
- Perform predictive, preventative, and regular maintenance on kitchen appliances such as stoves, ovens, grills, fridges, and freezers.
- Ascertain that food rotation activities are timely performed, so that food spoilage is kept in check.
Specifically, our cooking teams will:
- Be responsible for preparation of quality food for patients, associates and guests using standardized MHCI recipes and production sheets.
- Adhere to HACCP guidelines to ensure efficient, safe and sanitary food production.
- Exhibit Professional behavior and Adhere to SPHP codes of conduct
- Work harmoniously with others and understand and relate to specific ideas, as well as remember tasks and assignments given for longer periods of time (Several days +)
- Read, write and speak English at a minimum 6’th grade level. Follow written and verbal instructions and complete high school level computational skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years food production cooking experience, in healthcare environment desirable, but not required.
Please be aware for the safety and security of our colleagues and patients all new employees are required to undergo and pass all applicable state and federally mandated pre-employment screening requirements including:
- Relevant Background Check/s
- Drug Screen
- PPD / Tuberculosis Test
- Reference Check
Job Number: 00167645
Location: Niskayuna, NY
Organization Name: St. Peter's Health Partners
Facility: SPNY - One Glen Eddy Dr Niskayuna
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift