Jewish Community Center Toddler Assistant/ Co-Teacher in Niskayuna, New York
The SJCC is in need of a Toddler Teacher who will cooperatively lead the class with another Lead Teacher. We are seeking an individual who has experience working with children who are 18-36 months of age, someone who is innovative, takes initiative, engaging and can foster positive relationships with coworkers, parents and SJCC members.
A Toddler Teacher will create lesson plans with their Co-Teacher and work as a team to execute the developmentally appropriate activities. A great Teacher is one who actively seeks out ways in which they can lead the group or help their Co-Teacher, is reliable, is able to easily form relationships with young children and can work in collaboration with the Co-Teacher to form a nurturing environment in the classroom.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Providing care to each child that is appropriate for the age group.
- Collaborating closely with the Co-Teacher.
- Maintaining supervision and safety of the children at all times.
- Remaining in compliance with OCFS regulations.
- Reporting to the ECE Director/Assistant Director and following through with assignments.
- Attending monthly staff meetings and accruing a specified number of training hours.
- Accepting responsibly for specific assignments at the discretion of the Director.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have experience working with young children.
- Familiarity with NYS OCFS regulations is preferred.
- Must receive clearance by NYS OCFS at the time of hire.
- Possesses a warm, loving and nurturing personality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.This document is not to be considered a contract for employment or a guarantee of continued employment.This job description is to be used as a guideline to describe the current functions and requirements of the position. The job description may change at any time based on business needs and/or job reorganization.
Since 1921, SJCC has served the Niskayuna and greater Schenectady area as a community center, an educational resource, a Jewish cultural touchpoint, and a fitness facility where everyone is welcome! SJCC is ranked the largest Child Care Center in the Capital Region by the Albany Business Review for the past three years and is the largest Silver Sneakers provider in Schenectady County. We were recently recognized by the Schenectady County Human Rights Commission for our Capital Capabilities initiative; which enlightens and informs the abled community about those with disabilities. In addition, SJCC offers a full calendar of cultural programs, adult classes, pre-school, after-school and summer camp programs, and family?friendly and inclusive events. SJCC operates an annual budget of $4,200,000. Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and with a staff of more than 235, SJCC is embarking on an exciting new campaign that includes renovations to the physical plant, new hours and classes, and a new logo and branding.
Date Posted: 04/15/2019
Title: Toddler Assistant/ Co-Teacher
JCC: Jewish Community Center of Schenectady
Location: Niskayuna, NY