Mastronardi Products Crop Care Worker in Oneida, New York
Oneida, NY, USA
Mastronardi Produce is North America’s leading greenhouse grower and distributor of gourmet vegetables. Our produce is packed under the award-winning SUNSET® brand and can be found in leading grocers throughout North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry! We seek individuals that deliver PRIDE: Passion | Respect | Innovation | Drive | Excellence… to our customers and one another.
Green Empire Farms, a high-tech fresh produce greenhouse in Oneida, New York, and a member of the Mastronardi Group of Companies, is currently seeking a Crop Care Worker to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that all perishable products grown are handled, picked and processed according to Company standards. This will ensure that we meet customer demands with highest quality and efficiency.
- Follow the Company standards set for time limits and required quality.
- Ability to work flexible hours, when needed to finish work in periods of fast growth and high production.
- Only operate equipment if you have been trained. Follow safe operating procedures when engaging equipment use.
- Equipment and tools must be handled with care and respect. Report issues to Supervisor immediately.
- Must ensure proper hygiene and cleanliness to meet Food Safety guidelines.
- Must follow Company rules and regulations, Food Safety guidelines, and Health & Safety policies.
- Report any pest and disease to Supervisor: including type, location and infestation levels.
- Punctuality a must and ensure proper use of our “Time” recording system during lunch and breaks.
- Previous experience in a greenhouse or working with produce preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, work independently and in team setting.
- Ability to take continuous direction.
- Ability to make chances as needed without advance notice.
- Flexible hours during high production season.
- Greenhouse Environment, where the temperature averages 70°F and background noise approaches 70 dcbs.
Posted: December 4, 2019