Community Bank Systems Inc. Summer 2019 IT Security Internship - Oneida, NY in Oneida, New York
Summer 2019 IT Security Internship - Oneida, NY (Job ID: 1516)
Hours/Week: Summer 2019 Internship- IT Security Department Location: US:NY: Oneida (182 Main Street)
Responsible for assisting all Information Security team members in a variety of security initiatives at a mid-sized banking institution.
Education and Training:
Must be an Undergraduate student (Junior or Senior) or graduate student currently enrolled in an Information Security (Cyber Security) or Information Technology program.
Previous Information Security and/or IT experience would be preferred.
-Strong communication skills with a working knowledge of basic Information Security and IT terms and processes
-Analytical mindset to problem solve
-Ability to work independently as well as in a team and remain on task
-Must have a valid drivers license
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
- Assist with daily security log review including follow up and investigation when appropriate.
- Monitor and analyze the internal phishing mailbox. Elevate when assistance is necessary.
- Perform testing/document new security initiatives.
- Assist and/or complete risk assessments tied to vendor management and new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Resonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Community Bank System, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer who fully embraces diversity - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.