Tractor Supply Company Team Leader in Oneida, New York
Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager with the execution of operational, sales, and merchandising objectives by providing outstanding customer service. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by following and enforcing policies and procedures.
Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
• Greet the Customer
• Uncover the Customers’ needs
• Recommend products
• Ask for the Sale
- This position is required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every person in this position be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
• Execute assigned basic, promotional, and seasonal merchandising activities.
• Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
• Transport and make deposits to bank.
• Assess store conditions and assign duties.
• Organize and prioritize workflow through the use of the daily planner.
• Recovery of merchandise.
• Participate in mandatory freight process.
• Perform regular and promotional price change activities.
• Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a positive experience.
• Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm calls as needed.
• Communicate with Team Members on job functions, responsibilities and financial goals.
• Operate cash register/computer supervising cash handling procedures.
• Assist Team Members on appropriate application of policies and procedures.
• Ensure the safety and well-being of birds. Sanitize and maintain poultry holding tanks and care for birds as required
• Operate Forklift and Baler
• Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma is required
High Demand IT Specialized Skills
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
Basic computer skills.
Ability to read, write, and count accurately.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of Team Members.
Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise.
Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours
Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines
Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack).
Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
Ability to handle and be in contact with birds/poultry.
Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane (propane certification and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of 18).
Ability to successfully complete all required training.
Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
Ability to drive or operate a vehicle for business needs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Click here (https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/sf/home?company=tractorsup)
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall - they’re the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the bedrock on which we build our culture. They're the core of who we are and the foundation of every decision we make. It’s not just what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success, which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority. Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Join Our Talent Community
Nearest Major Market: Utica
Tractor Supply Company
- Tractor Supply Company Jobs