Sodexo Inc. Student Worker in Oneonta, New York
Sodexo – Quality of Life Services
Student food service worker at SUNY Oneonta Dining (must be a SUNY Oneonta student to be hired) wage $13.75 per hour Shifts available in resident dining halls (Wilsbach, Mills, and Hulbert), Retail (Starbucks, Argo, Seasons, and Mills Marketplace)
Schedules range from 5-15 hours per week. Job Overview: The Student Food Service Worker may work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This person will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steam tables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below. General Responsibilities:
• Reads recipes and/or product directions.
• Estimates food requirements.
• Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
• Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
• Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
• Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
• Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
• May taste test products.
• Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
• Provides general stocking duties in service area.
• Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
• Brews coffee and tea.
• May be required to restock other beverage areas.
• Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining areas.
• Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
• Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
• Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Qualifications: Experience/Knowledge:
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
• No previous work experience required.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
- Sodexo Inc. Jobs