Greco Family Farm Agriculture Equipment Operator in Oswego, New York
1 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 8/8/19-11/08/19.
Drive and operate specific farm machines to grow a combination of tree fruits such as pears and apples. Will drive and/or operate harvesting machines. Will attach implements and drive 100 hp tractors with attached instruments to fields for cultivating, discing, and planting for apples and pear trees. Will prune, thin or spray trees such as apple, pear. Will apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops. Performs light summer pruning and suckering by cutting terminal growth and water sprouts from inside of tree using hand pruner. Thin trees from orchard to eliminate diseased/non-productive trees using chain saw. Will adjust and maintain farm machines. Harvest apples and pears. Apples injured by bruising shall not exceed 1% WNY for fresh and 1% WNY for processing. Producitivty must be at least 6 bins (120 bushels) fresh market and/or 8 bins (160 bushels) processing fruit per day.
* Workers referred must have a minimum of 6 months experience in the aforementioned.
* Workers must have experience working at piece rate production and GAP practices
* After hiring, employer may conduct random drug tests at employer's expense.
* Lifting requirement of 80 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Driver requirements
Full job order (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.