Dunsmoor Farms LLC Farmworkers and Laborers in Oswego, New York
5 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 6/1/2020-10/31/2020.
Operate 100hp tractors, tractor-drawn machinery and/or forklifts to cultivate, weed and harvest and sort onions. Manually cultivate, and harvest onions. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, shears, and knives/machetes. Pre-harvest work will include pulling & moving onions in containers to clear paths for harvest machines. Will move bins as required. Much work will require extensive bending, stooping and ground work. Duties include weeding and thinning crops. Will sort and pack onions as directed. Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment. Tractors and equipment will be operated on farm roads or in farm fields. Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress. Will monitor fields for plant infestations and use treatments appropriate for use in both a preventative or infestation situation. Clear and maintain irrigation ditches. Record information about crops, such as yields, or costs. Workers must have experience in working with farm sanitary and safety practices as required in Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) plans. Due to health and safety concerns relating to pesticide application and the operation of equipment on our farm, workers are required to have the ability to comprehend simple oral and written instructions in English.
* Workers referred against this order must have a minimum of 3 months experience in performing tasks described in this order within an onion farming environment.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Must be physically able to lift up to 80 pounds.
* Driver requirements.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking, extensive pushing/pulling, and frequent stooping/bending.
* After hiring, employer may conduct random drug tests at employers expense.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm