Lockheed Martin Avionics Mission Processing Systems Engineer Staff in Owego, New York
Description: The RMS Mission Systems Engineering organization is looking for an experienced Mission Processing Systems Engineer to join our team. The selected individual will be part of a dynamic Systems Engineering team supporting systems design and integration activities for military rotary and fixed-wing aircraft platforms. Responsibilities include technical leadership, interfacing with program management, end customers, multiple engineering disciplines (hardware, software and specialty engineering) as well as equipment suppliers, supporting requirements definition and decomposition, developing software requirement specifications, and other design artifacts/activities for the successful integration of avionics mission computers and subsystems onto fixed or rotary wing aircraft platforms.
As a Mission Processing Systems Engineer, the candidate will manage all aspects of the aircraft embedded computing systems, such as technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, and supportability analyses for total systems.
The candidate will be responsible for the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. The candidate will perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse, New York, sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Great metropolitan weekend getaways with friends are just a few hours away and include areas such as Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia. The Adirondacks, Catskills, Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes are also areas to explore and host activities including: sailing, boating, kayaking, jet skiing, hiking, mountain biking, golfing, fishing, skiing, snow shoeing, concerts, shows and seasonal festivals. The local area and region are also home to a number of New York state wineries and craft breweries.
• Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification).
• Demonstrated experience with embedded computing systems and the integration and test of embedded safety critical SW systems. This includes glass cockpit, flight management systems and embedded mission systems SW, and Linux/Unix operating system.
• Understanding of a broad set of common aircraft technologies and interfaces (e.g. sensors, mission systems, software designs, human machine interfaces, Ethernet, 1553).
• Experience developing, deriving, and allocating tiered Systems Engineering requirements in Aerospace & Defense applications.
• Proven ability to lead and work effectively and collaborate in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; demonstrated technical leadership.
• Ability to solve complex technical problems.
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security clearance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft avionics networking (network designs, Ethernet, routers, switches).
• Experience developing strategic/roadmap solutions for avionics subsystems.
• Experience with the design, integration, and test of avionics systems within Rotary and/or Fixed Wing platforms.
• Experience with system development to airworthiness (DO-178, DO-254) standards.
• Experience using Enterprise Modeling Tools to model complex systems using SysML.
• Tools/Languages: DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, MATLAB, Python
• Current active secret security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs