Lockheed Martin Avionics Systems Engineer Sr. - Integration and Test in Owego, New York
Description: Come and experience your future!
Be the best possible you!
At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education and background.
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, reassurance and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, Then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Systems Engineering Expertise in Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support and Test!
Responsible for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the MH-60R and MH-60S subsystem capabilities, this position will be responsible for ensuring the technical quality, cost, and schedule commitments are met while leading complementary teams.
Perform work in a team environment and must be able to optimally communicate and collaborate with others including Software, Systems, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management and Suppliers.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse, New York, sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier". The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Phenomenal metropolitan weekend getaways with friends are just a few hours away and include areas such as Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia. The Adirondacks, Catskills, Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes are also areas to explore and host activities including: sailing, boating, kayaking, jet skiing, hiking, mountain biking, golfing, fishing, skiing, snow shoeing, concerts, shows, seasonal festivals and wineries and craft breweries.
In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits that include competitive 401k and insurance. We remain an equal opportunity company.
Must have a Secret Security Clearance.
Must be a US Citizen.
-Qualified candidate reviews, evaluates and derives requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems for LM-Owego led testing.
- Need to possess excellent communication skills for customer presentations, briefs and can work in a team environment as part of a multi-disciplined team effort involving many customers and companies.
-Must be self-motivated and work under general supervision, have the ability to multi-task, and possess strong organizational and communication skills.
-Candidate must be able to work with a diverse team of highly skilled engineers, including junior and senior engineers, customers and other agencies.
-Applicants should expect to be assigned tasks to investigate, propose solutions for, and close on technical topics of interest to the customer and to the program.
- Requires an engineering degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering, or 5 years of applicable experience in a related field
- Experience with requirements development, system design, problem analysis and resolution, and integration and test.
- Systems Integration experience on H-60 helicopters or similar.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite, including, Excel, Access, or other databases
- Building Basis of Estimates and Cost estimating experience
- Strong teamwork and problem-solving skills
- -Experience with requirements traceability, procedure development, Integration and test functional elements (FEs), and test development metrics.
- Experience with data bus and ethernet standards, like MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and IEEE 802.3.
- Experience with instrumentation and data capture, like IRIG Chapter 10 data recorders, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience with data analysis, using tools like MATLAB or Python
- Experience in customer interfacing
- Experience with a diversity of complex electrical (hardware) systems
- Application overall systems engineering efforts
- Experience with on aircraft software loading
- Experience with probability, statistics, mathematical modeling
- Experience working in classified environments.
- Ability to read and use technical schematics, drawings, software specs, and manuals along with other technical materials to resolve complex problems
- Experience with requirements tracking and bug tracking tools such as DOORs and JIRA.
- Ability to brief/teach technical information to internal and external audiences
- Knowledge of systems integration and on aircraft test engineering to include "Root Cause Analysis"
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs