Lockheed Martin Electrical and Computer Hardware Engineering Intern in Owego, New York
Description: Lockheed Martin Corporation's Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) business is in search of an astute Electrical and Computer Hardware Engineering Intern to join our team. This role offers an exciting gateway opportunity to experience what it is like to work for a top-tier employer known throughout the world for its engineering prowess and its game changing product offerings and robust solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with a team of engineers on a formal government fixed or rotary wing aircraft contract or internal investment efforts in one or more of the following areas: digital and analog circuit card design, FPGA design, radio frequency (RF) and antenna design, electromagnetic interference testing, custom test equipment, and system integration and test
- Digital and analog circuit card design, radio frequency (RF) and antenna design, electromagnetic interference testing, and platform system integration
Voted as the “coolest small town in America,” Owego boasts a laid back, casual vibe in the midst of the beautiful Catskill Mountains.
With approximately 20,000 residents, Owego offers a variety of activities and amenities while retaining that cool, small town feel. Whether you enjoy exploring local breweries, antiquing for lost treasures, sipping coffee at a riverside cafe, or hiking the scenic Catskill Mountains, Owego has something for everyone. In addition to its convenient location along the Southern Tier highway, Owego’s low cost of living has a median home price of $136,500 (compared to $216,200 nationally). While Owego itself maintains that small town feel, a short drive will get you to Syracuse (1.5 hrs.), Niagara Falls (3.5 hrs.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs.), or NYC (also 3.5 hrs. away).
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance, therefore, U.S. Citizenship is required
* 2.5 GPA or higher preferred, but not required (Cumulative or Major GPA)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs