Lockheed Martin Operations Summer Internship -- Owego, NY (SECOND SHIFT) in Owego, New York
Description: Lockheed Martin Corporation's Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) business is in search of driven students to join the team in Owego, NY. This role offers an exciting opportunity to start your career with a top-tier employer known throughout the world for its engineering prowess, its game changing product offerings, and robust solutions.
Lockheed Martin has a strong reputation as being one of the best companies to work for in the U.S. We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities over the long-term.
We're looking for a candidate that will perform assignments in Manufacturing Operations to work on Manual and CNC controlled machines during vacations and short-term breaks from college attendance while enrolled in an accredited degree program.
- Currently enrolled in a 2 year degree program at an accredited college or a certification program for Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, Facilities Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related discipline
- 2.5 GPA or higher preferred, but not required (Cumulative or Major GPA)
* Understanding of CAD drawings
* Understanding of measuring tools required to check machined parts
*Knows how to operate Manual Bridgeport and Lathe Machines
* Thorough understanding of CNC Machines
* Ability to work with hand tools and can read blueprints
* Welding MIG/TIG
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs