Lockheed Martin Owego, NY - Electrical and Computer Hardware Engineering Intern in Owego, New York
Description: An intern in this position will work closely with a team of engineers on a formal government fixed or rotary wing aircraft contract or internal investment efforts in one or more of the following areas: digital and analog circuit card design, digital signal processing, FPGA design, radio frequency (RF) and antenna design, electromagnetic interference testing, custom test equipment, and hardware integration and test.
This position is for the Advanced Integrated Products organization, which focuses on design, development qualification and integration of airborne avionics equipment.
Pursuing a BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics degree or equivalent.
Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
A working knowledge of basic electronic measurement equipment is a plus. This may include the ability to take measurements using an oscilloscope and a Digital Volt Meter, or use of a Spectrum Analyzer and/or a Measurement receiver. Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Electrical (Electronics) Engineering:
- Analog, Digital and power supply circuit design
- FPGA programming using Verilog/VHDL
- Familiarity with processor design & architecture
- Test equipment hardware (Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.) and associated software.
- Designing custom test racks using commercial equipment for validating and evaluating customer hardware performance
Electrical (Antenna/RF) Engineering:
- Analog/power supply, Radio Frequency (RF), Wireless Communications and Antenna design experience
- Familiarity with Microwave Office and Matlab
Electrical (EMI) Engineering:
- Experience with hardware design for Electromagnetic Interference / Compatibility (EMI/EMC) and requirements / procedures of MIL-STD-461, 464 and DO-160 testing standards
- Knowledge of EM theory to apply design techniques and design features to control electromagnetic (EM) emissions (intentional and un-intentional) and susceptibilities
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs