Kutik's Honey Farm, LLC Beekeeper in Oxford, New York
16 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs Available 05/01/2021 - 11/07/2021
Raises honey bees to produce honey and maintain colony health through feed/supplements; find and cage queens, install queen cells; assembles bee hives, inserts honeycomb of bees into hives; forces bees from hives; uncaps harvested honeycombs and extracts approx. 75 pounds of honey from honeycombs; must be able to lift 75 pound boxes for honey transport; moving bee boxes from hives to extracting facility; driving farm vehicle to obtain supplies, honey extracting equipment, and misc. tools used to work with honey bees; minor daily and incidental upkeep to equipment, worksite, and colony boxes.
* 3 months experience with references required as a beekeeper
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking and extensive pushing/pulling.
* Post-hire drug screen, at employers expense.
* Driver requirements.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a\_orders.shtm