Advance Care Alliance Benefit Access Coordinator in Patchogue, New York
Advance Care Alliance (ACA) is an exciting Start-Up Care Coordination Organization (CCO) providing community-based services and support to people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities throughout NYC, Long Island & the Lower Hudson Valley.
Since ACANY began operating within the last year, we have grown to nearly 1000 employees and expect to grow to over 1200 employees by the end of summer! We are experiencing exponential growth which creates career advancement opportunities for our employees!
The Benefit Access Coordinator is responsible for the execution of strategy related to the benefit access for people eligible for Health Home care management services. This includes Basic Health Home Support as well. The Benefits Access Coordinator is responsible for conducting routine monitoring and reporting of the eligibility status of ACA members and providing technical support and assistance for members to receive Medicaid and maintain eligibility required for designated Care Coordination Organization (CCO) enrollment/eligibility and OPWDD HCBS Waiver services. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance and quality standards are met, as well as to upholding agency policy and practices.
* Complete all necessary documentation related to Medicaid enrollment, benefit acquisition and maintenance of eligibility.
* Facilitate the completion of Medicaid applications, re-certifications and support with processing, submitting and tracking assigned tasks and follow-up activities as needed.
* Provide support to regional Care Management teams in ensuring the correct type of Medicaid is secured for OPWDD service eligibility.
* Participate in and/or facilitate meetings with all applicable members, families/representatives and providers to complete benefits access functions.
* Provide routine updates and information to supervisor for eligibility trend reporting and follow-up actions.
* Participate in meetings and partner with the Care Management team and share updates on eligibility expirations, follow-up actions, documentation submission and recommendations for ensuring eligibility.
* Form and maintain working relationships with all DD Regional Offices, Revenue Support Offices, HRA/Medicaid offices, with the goal of ensuring that ACANY is positioned as a responsive CCO for all eligibility, benefit and enrollment needs.
* Assist in community outreach for new applicants, including but not limited to: mailing brochures and information, speaking to community groups, and visiting local area schools, as needed.
* Attend department/team meetings, trainings, supervisions, etc. as scheduled and in accordance with agency practice and policy
* Complete all required trainings
* Travel throughout the designated service area to meet with people interested in accessing benefits or service enrollment, as needed.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree plus one-year experience completing enrollment or benefit acquisition/coordination for OPWDD supports and services.
* Demonstrated knowledge regarding access to and support to the maintenance of member benefits (Medicaid).
* Proficiency with the use of excel and other software products used for tracking the flow of information
Experience using OPWDD CHOICES system, a plus.
* Absolute sense of integrity and personal commitment to serving people with I/DD and their families
Excellent interpersonal, communication organization and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work autonomously.
* Demonstrate professionalism, respect and ability to work in a team environment.