YMCA of Greater Rochester Assistant Day Camp Director in Penn Yan, New York
Assistant Day Camp Director
Penn Yan, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=140+East+Lake+Rd.+Route+54+Penn+Yan+NY+14527)
Under the direction of the Day Camp Director, the Assistant Camp Director is primarily responsible for supervision of staff; the safety of campers and ensuring program schedule is carried out at the day camp site. The position is responsible for demonstrating YMCA leadership competencies to ensure the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
• Responsible for supervision of Counselors.
• Consult with the Day Camp Director on camp operations, staffing and child behavior issues.
• Responsible for record keeping in areas of attendance, camp development, program scheduling, and evaluations.
• Assist in planning and implementing programs assigned by Day Camp/Program Director and ensure daily programming is carried out.
• Be on site during daily camp hours of supervision and ensure all campers have been safely picked up, and follow camp protocol for late pick-ups.
• Act as a Village Head or Counselor when ratio requires.
• Work with Day Camp Director regarding parent communication, store time management and oversee first aid pieces.
• Familiar with and carries out emergency procedures, building rules and regulations.
• Assist Day Camp Director to ensure Camp meets all required standards and guidelines set forth by the Department of Health and are ACA accredited at all times.
• Attend all required meetings and trainings.
• All other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 20 years of age.
Must have experience with camp and working with children.
Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer required; certifications must be valid/current before the first day of staff training and throughout the duration of your seasonal employment.
Excellent communication skills.
Person must possess values consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
• Ability to visibly observe children.
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and transport equipment from one location to another.
• Ability to lead and demonstrate activities.
• Ability to hear distress signals even when distracted by noise and activity.
The YMCA of Greater Rochester provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.