NY Employer Cook in Peru, New York
4 fulltime seasonal H-2A jobs available 9/1/2019-11/8/2019.
This work order is for qualified people to prepare and cook family-style meals for approximately 215 workers in a bunkhouse. Workers will be asked to cook food and plan daily menus; wash dishes; bake breads and pastries; order and shop for food and supplies; store food in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage; and be responsible to maintain and clean the work area, equipment, utensils, dishes, etc. to ensure food is prepared in a sanitary work area.
* Three months experience required.
* Workers must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
* Workers must have neat appearance with excellent hygiene and be available for work Monday-Saturday.
* Employer will train.
* Must be able to take directions in simple English.
* Extensive sitting, pushing, pulling and walking/repetitive movements/frequent stooping.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.