Rulfs Orchard, LLC Farmworker and Laborer in Peru, New York
5 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 6/1/2020-11/1/2020.
Workers will be required to: manually plant, cultivate, and harvest fruits and vegetables; use hand tools, such as shovels, hoes, pruning hooks, shears and knives; till soil; transplant, weed, thin, and prune crops; clean and pack harvested products; drive and operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, trucks, and forklifts; transport harvested fruits and vegetables from field to packing house; prune trees seasonally to promote optimum growth of tree and fruit; and apply pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers to crops following DEC guidelines. Workers will also be asked to assist in greenhouses where workers will: mix dirt; fill containers; plant, spray, weed, fertilize and water plants and flowers; and perform tasks using hands and gardening tools. Workers must be able to comprehend simple English and be available to work Monday through Saturday.
* Workers referred against this order must have a minimum of three months verifiable experience.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Workers must be physically able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds on a consistent basis.
* Post-hire drug screen at employers expense.
* Frequent stooping/bending, extensive pushing/pulling, extensive walking, repetitive movements.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm