NY Employer Farmworker and Laborer in Peru, New York
70 Fulltime Seasonal H-2A Jobs available 9/10/2019-10/31/2019.
Duties to include tilling soil, thinning, pruning, harvesting apples by hand and loading harvested products. Use hand tools such as shovels, hoes, saws, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Harvest apples by hand. Clearing fields, removing stones and brush by hand, tilling soil, applying fertilizers, transplanting, weeding and thinning, applying pesticides and herbicides, loading harvest products, constructing trellises, repairing fences and farm buildings. Workers required to handle ladders up to 24' long and weighing about 2 lbs. per foot. Drive and operate farm tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to harvest apples.
* Due to safety concerns on a farm, workers must understand basic instructions in English.
* Must have a minimum of three months of verifiable experience in performing the tasks described.
* Driver requirements
* Employer will train
* Exposure to extreme temperatures, repetitive movements, extensive pushing and pulling.
* Extensive walking and frequent stooping
* Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.