Rulfs Orchard, LLC Farmworker and Laborer in Peru, New York
4 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 4/1/2020 - 11/20/2020.
Workers will be required to: manually plant, cultivate, and harvest fruits and vegetables; use hand tools, such as shovels, hoes, pruning hooks, shears and knives; till soil; transplant, weed, thin, and prune crops; clean and pack harvested products; drive and operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, trucks, and forklifts; transport harvested fruits and vegetables from field to packing house; prune trees seasonally to promote optimum growth of tree and fruit; and apply pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers to crops following DEC guidelines. Workers will also be asked to assist in greenhouses where workers will: mix dirt; fill containers; plant, spray, weed, fertilize and water plants and flowers; and perform tasks using hands and gardening tools. Picking apples requires worker to handle ladders up to 22 and pick into buckets strung around shoulders that weigh up to 40 pounds when filled.
* Workers referred against this order must have a minimum of three months verifiable experience.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Post-hire drug screen at employers expense.
* Frequent stooping, extensive sitting or walking, repetitive movements, extensive pushing or pulling
Entire job description (Spanish translation)should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from NYSDOL website at https://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm