NY Employer Graders and Sorters in Peru, New York
11 fulltime seasonal H-2A jobs available 8/09/18-12/13/2019.
Perform any combination of tasks related packing fresh market apples including, but not limited to, operating apple grading equipment, labelers and baggers; adjusting, maintaining and cleaning farm machines; folding cardboard containers, grade and sort by hand, or classifying unprocessed apples by size, weight, color, or condition; placing apples in containers; tape, move, and stack cartons on pallets. Repair bulk apple bins and pallets. Use hand tools such as bag taper, stapler, air-hammer, broom and mop.
* Workers referred as a result of this order must have a minimum of one month of verifiable experience in performing the tasks described in this job description.
* Employer will provide 1 day of training and allow 2 days of work for worker to satisfactorily perform duties described: Productivity must be at least 60 bushel boxes/7 hours worked with no more than 1% bruising.
* Due to safety concerns on a farm, workers must understand basic instructions in English.
* Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures/repetitive movements/extensive pushing/pulling/walking.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.