NY Employer Graders and Sorters in Peru, New York
15 fulltime seasonal H-2A jobs available 8/14/2020-5/31/2021.
This work order is for qualified people to perform any combination of tasks related to packing fresh market apples including, but not limited to, operating apple grading equipment, labelers and baggers; adjusting, maintaining and cleaning packing machines; folding cardboard containers; grade and sort by hand, or classify unprocessed apples by size, weight, color or condition, placing apples by hand into containers, tape, move and stack cartons on pallets. Repair bulk apple bins and pallets. Use hand tools such as: bag taper, stapler, air-hammer, broom and mop.
* Workers referred as a result of this order must have a minimum of one month of verifiable experience in performing the tasks described in this job description.
* Employer will provide 1 day of training and allow 2 days of work for worker to satisfactorily perform duties described: Productivity must be at least 60 bushel boxes/7 hours worked with no more than 1% bruising.
* Due to safety concerns on a farm, workers must understand basic instructions in English.
* Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures, repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling/walking, frequent stooping/bending.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm