Rail Explorers Ecotourism Railbike Guide in Phoenicia, New York
Rail Explorers is an ecotourism business in Phoenicia NY. We are getting an early start trying to build our team for our 2022 season. We want to hire people who are interesting, hard-working, and enjoy working outdoors.
Location: Phoenicia, NY
Job Types: Seasonal Full-time, Seasonal Part-time, Temporary
- Comfortable greeting and communicating with customers.
- Pedaling Rail Explorer vehicles on 8-mile round trip excursions (4-6 max per day)
- Must be active, enjoy working outdoors, in the elements.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in customer service & Rail Explorers code of ethics.
- Must adhere to all COVID sanitation procedures.
- Speaking in front of guests- approximately 40 guests per tour, following a script.
- Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to work closely in a team setting.
- Learn Safety and maintenance of Rail Explorer vehicles - training provided.
- Learn to use our online booking system effectively.
- Preferable to be available weekends and holidays. Hours subject to change.
- Punctuality is crucial.
Rail Explorers Operating Days: (subject to change)
May - June, Thu-Mon (5 days)
July - Sep Labor Day (7 days)
Sep - Oct or early Nov Thu-Mon (5 days)
Rail Explorers Catskills season begins mid to late April. We are looking to hire earlier to make sure all staff is properly trained. Growth within company is possible. Part time shifts are approximately 5 to 8 hours long. Full time, 9 to 13 hours long.
Check out www.railexplorers.net to learn more about us and our other locations.
Rail Explorers is committed to equal employment opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law and projects as assigned.
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place