PepsiCo Associate Principal Scientist, Regulatory Affairs in Purchase, New York
Auto req ID: 196171BR
PepsiCo is a fast-paced, innovative, team-driven company with many billion-dollar brands that are household names. The Regulatory Affairs team is an integral part of PepsiCo’s R&D structure while maintaining a strong partnership with our business teams. The overall Regulatory Affairs and other compliance team are global organizations, interacting across the world to ensure compliance and freedom to operate.
This role is for a USA Regulatory Affairs expert to partner with business and other parts of R&D, Legal and Supply Chain to help drive our US business objectives. The primary focus of this position is to provide regulatory expertise to the PepsiCo US beverage brands. This includes authoring ingredient statements, nutrition facts, allergens and 3rd party certification management and substantiation of claims. The person in this position will ensure the accuracy of the regulatory information in databases, on artwork and in specifications. The position will involve work on multiple product teams to provide input on nutrition labeling, claims and regulatory questions as well as packaging timelines.
The candidate should be an expert in understanding and application of US Food and Drug Administration Regulations and have a strong understanding of the food industry. They will ensure ongoing regulatory compliance, support PepsiCo’s interests in the external regulatory environment, and provide regulatory partnership in the development and launch of new products and platforms. They must be able to monitor, interpret and ensure compliance with US regulations today and into the future.
- Key Regulatory Affairs business partner for PepsiCo US Beverages
* Provide effective business partnership and support as Regulatory expert and coordinator.
* Support the Regulatory agenda within the market.
* Represent Regulatory function as required in Project Team Meetings, Innovation Councils, and Global Regulatory initiatives etc.
- Compliance: Drive compliance with all legislation
* Ensure ongoing compliance with all USA regulations and standards.
* Monitor regulatory changes, ensure awareness and implementation in USA and Export Markets.
* Provide regulatory support during incidents including liaison with regulatory authorities if needed.
- Innovation and Productivity: Regulatory support, insight and partnership for new products & packaging, and productivity and commercial initiatives. In particular
* Provide Regulatory input to Technical Stage Gate/SG as required on all elements of product design, composition and packaging, labelling, advertising and other commercial messaging when needed. e.g. Facebook
* Ensure substantiation is in place for products and their claims.
* Ensure the necessary approvals are in place, where needed.
- External Affairs: Anticipate and influence changes in regulations
* Horizon scanning of regulatory developments.
* Track and manage external regulatory issues.
- Leadership: Seasoned Regulatory Expert that can guide business partners and support the regulatory team.
* Create and communicate options to drive business opportunities while ensuring compliance
* Mentor and help skill development within the regulatory team members
- Bachelors in a Scientific discipline - Food Science, Nutrition, Biology, Chemistry, Food Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Regulatory Affairs roles, with a strong preference for 4 years in the Food Industry, including a track record in interpreting and applying requirements for consumer packaged goods.
- Knowledge of the politics, policies and actors that influence food regulations
- Experience in providing regulatory advice on food and beverage innovation projects
- Experience in managing compliance projects
- Understanding of approval processes beverages and their packaging
- Solutions-focused team leader who takes the initiative to consider all options and differing perspectives in coming to a conclusion
- Attention to detail and forethought of impact
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Effective collaborator
- Ability to provide insight into the business from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. (written and verbal)
- Ability to integrate into and communicate with different levels of the organization
- Works well with others, both internally and externally, to advance common goals
- Able to translate complex issues into simple and convincing communication
Our R&D organization recognizes that both the talent of our people and the scope of our impact are great and that sharing a set of beliefs elevates our ability to reach our goals and business objectives. We encourage each other to pursue innovative solutions without fear of failure by nurturing a culture where talent development and continuous learning are key priorities. We look for and assume the best in each other. We are a global team that works collaboratively across business silos and regions to deliver meaningful outcomes, faster.
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents.